Welcome back students, teachers and support staff. We hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable summer. A special welcome to the Grade 7 students and to any Gr. 8 to 12 students who are new to our school and the community of Landmark. We do not have any new teachers starting the year and all of us are excited for another great year.
The first day of classes is on Wednesday, Sept. 5, 2018. On that day we will be running a number of activities to foster the culture of community and learning. The school will be providing a hotdog lunch for the students. We would like thank the Maple Leaf Foods for their donation.
In addition, on the first day we will be sending home a number of important documents for parents/guardians to look at. While some documents will need to be returned, much of the information can be done on the parent portal. It will be important that you take the time to complete these documents in the first week of the school year. Throughout the year our main forms of communication will be through email, parent portal and our website. Please ensure that your email address on file is correct. If you do not have access to online services, please be sure to contact the school so that we can get you the information.
Parents, guardians and students are invited to attend our Open House on Thursday, Sept. 6, from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. The open house is an opportunity for parents and guardians to meet the teachers, hear about their courses and talk about the upcoming year.
The PTA is once again selling Show and Save books as a fundraiser for the school. Proceeds from the sale will go to support programs at both the Elementary and Collegiate. You can purchase the books through either school through the month of September. The PTA will also be selling them at LES’s Meet the Teacher night and LC’s Open House. We would like to thank those that are on the PTA and the work that they do in supporting the school.
President – Sherri James, Vice-President – Emmy Hamilton, Treasurer – Angela Kroeker, Secretary – Leanne Kennedy, Members-at-Large – Shalane Bowley and Jennifer Allen
The Collegiate’s annual chocolate fundraiser begins on Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2018. All the proceeds of this sale help support a variety of student events throughout the school year including; student council events, graduation activities, athletic and music programs, and learning trips.
- Picture Day will be Thursday, September 6.
- Grade 7 First Note – Monday evening, Sept. 10. This is for all grade 7 band students
- PTA AGM at 7:00 pm at LES
- On Friday, September 28, all LC students will be taking part in the Terry Fox National School Run. The Student Council will be collecting “a Toonie for Terry.”
- Friday, Sept. 28 is also Orange Shirt Day – This is an opportunity for First Nations, local governments, schools and communities to come together in the spirit of reconciliation and hope for generations of children to come
- Grade 12 Grad Planning Retreat at Camp Arnes, Monday and Tuesday, October 1 and 2.
We hope you had a wonderful summer and we look forward to seeing you all on September 5, 2018