Helpful Resources for both Mind and Body Well-Being
The LC Wellness Page has been created by Carlee Penner (Guidance Counsellor) and Jessica Parisien (Social Worker). It’s purpose is to provide access to a variety of resources that may help students, staff, and parents maintain their physical and mental health. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Carlee Penner at email@example.com
I Need to Talk To Someone
- Starting the Conversation click here
- If you or someone you know needs immediate assistance call: Manitoba Crisis Service 1-888-617-7715 Manitoba Suicide Line 1-877-435-7170 You may also call the above numbers if you or someone you know threatens suicide, talks about wanting to die, talks about feeling worthless, hopeless, deliberately harms themselves, or appears out of control or reckless. Other Contacts through email from 9:00am to 3:45pm Monday to Friday: Ms. Carlee Penner (School Counsellor) firstname.lastname@example.org also available by Google Hangouts Ms. Jessica Parisien (School Social Worker) email@example.com Or, reach out to a teacher, family member, relative, or family friend.
- Health Clinic at the SRSS
- Kids Help Phone Line
I Would Like to Study More Effectively (click on the You Tube video links below)
I Want to Maintain Overall Health (click on the You Tube video links below)
- Holiday self care tips for 2SLGBTQ+ youth, and those that love them
- Top 10 Benefits of Laughter
- Mindfulness – What is it, Why do it, and How…
- How the Food You Eat Affects Your Brain
- Move Your Body – Moving and stretching your body helps reduce stress and anxiety!
- Here are some easy tips on how to Journal
I am Feeling Stressed/Anxious (click on the You Tube video links below)
What is Stress? It’s likely that all of us have experienced a bit of stress these past few months. Check out a little bit about how stress affects not only our minds, but our bodies too!
- Brain Basics: All About Anxiety
- Fight, Flight Freeze – Anxiety Explained for Teens
- Mental Health Checklist – Reducing your overall stress level means making a proactive plan to take care of your mental health. This mental health checklist can be used as a daily check-in with yourself or can be used on those days where you’re feeling especially stressed or anxious. Take a look and try it out! Click Here
- Stress Hacks has information about general mental health, stress, feelings, how to relax and more.
- Stressed- Learn to Reframe Stressful Situations with Short Meditations
- Reach Out
I am Having Trouble Focusing/Being Motivated (click on the You Tube video links below)
When we have trouble focusing, often times we will procrastinate on our “To-Do List”. Doing schoolwork from home means that we have to be even MORE organized in how we manage our time. Here’s some tips on how to avoid procrastinating and get what you need to DONE.
I am Having Trouble Sleeping
- Sleep tips for Teens – Here are a few suggestions if you’re finding it hard to fall or stay asleep! Reach out if you have further questions!
- How to fall asleep in 2 minutes, and other tips on healthy sleep habits.
- How to Calm Your Worries and Sleep Better
- Audio Sleep Aides – Audio sleep aides help the mind and body to relax and hopefully help you fall asleep.