Driver Z Overview
Driver Z will continue to offer a modified Driver Z program that includes virtual classes, in place of a physical classroom, via the WebEx meeting platform. The program includes ten, two hour weekly sessions and includes in-car lessons with additional safety protocols, when permitted by public health orders.
· Students and parents/co-pilots must attend the Kick-off virtually, which is held on the first online class session.
· Students must provide an email address when they register so they can access the online application and receive course-relevant communication, including email invitations to the virtual class sessions.
· Students must complete online learning prior to their first virtual class lesson.
When does registration for the upcoming term begin?
Registration for the fall 2021 term will begin on August 18, 2021. Courses for the fall 2021 term are available on Course Finder now.
Registration for the Driver Z fall term is still in progress. There are still spots available for courses starting in October or later.
Where can students go for information?
· Course Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education Driver Z Course Finder
· Driver Z Program Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education MPI’s Driver Z Program
Where do students go to pay and register?
Students can pay and register for courses at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.
Will students be given priority to register for Driver Z courses at their own school?
As the course is virtual students will be allowed to attend a virtual course that is not necessarily based out the school they attend. To facilitate in-car lessons students will only be allowed to register in courses within a closer geographical area to where they attend high school.
How do students and co-pilots access the online learning?
Once students have registered, they will receive an email with instructions and an email invite to the virtual course closer to their course start date. They will be required to do the following:
· Log in to Driver Z online to set up their account.
· Complete Zone 1 (activities 1-29) before Kick-off. This takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
· Invite at least one co-pilot (and up to eight) through Driver Z online.
o Co-pilots will also be required to log on and complete Zone 1 (activities 1-6) to be able to support the student and ensure all necessary tasks are finished to complete the program. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete.
· Access the virtual classroom via a link in the email invite 10 minutes prior to the start of the class.
It is important that students and co-pilots have separate email addresses to ensure they receive the appropriate emails for their role.
If you have any questions, please contact Driver Education byor phone at (204) 985-7199 or toll-free at 1-800-261-9928.