When does registration for the upcoming term begin?
Registration for Summer/Fall courses will begin on May 31, 2023.
Courses will be available to view on May 29, 2023.
Courses for this term run between July and December.
Driver Z Overview
Courses will be offered in either a virtual or in-person format. Courses will be in one format only. Virtual classes will be hosted on the WebEx platform. Students who register for an in-person course can only join classes in person. Knowledge tests and vision screening will be held for virtual and in-person courses at the host school.
- Students and parents/co-pilots must attend the Kick-off, which is held during the first class.
- Students must provide an email address when they register to access the online application and receive course-relevant communication, including email invitations to the virtual class sessions.
- Students must complete online learning before their first class.
Where can students go for information?
- Course Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education Driver Z Course Finder
- Driver Z Program Information: mpi.mb.ca under Driver Education MPI’s Driver Z Program
Where do students go to pay and register?
Students can pay and register for courses at any Autopac agent or Manitoba Public Insurance Service Centre.
How do students and co-pilots access online learning?
Once students have registered, they will receive an email 31 days before their course start date with instructions on how to log into Driver Z.
If registered for a virtual course, students will receive an email with a WebEx link for their classes.
Students are required to do the following:
- Log in to Driver Z online to set up their account.
- Complete Zone 1 (activities 1-29) before Kick-off. This takes approximately 12 hours to complete.
- Invite at least one co-pilot (up to eight) through Driver Z online.
- Co-pilots will also be required to log on and complete Zone 1 (activities 1-6) to support the student and ensure all necessary tasks are finished to complete the program. This takes approximately two to three hours to complete.
- Attend classes based on which format they registered for; virtual or in-person.
Students and co-pilots must have separate email addresses to ensure they receive the appropriate emails for their roles.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with Driver Education by email or phone at (204) 985-7199 or toll-free at 1-800-261-9928.
Thanks again for being a vital part of the Driver Z team. Your commitment to preparing young drivers is making Manitoba roadways safer for everyone!