Our school community shares the belief in the value of every person and the importance of a rich and complete educational experience of the highest quality.
We are committed to working as a team to ensure a safe and respectful, nurturing and invigorating environment where learning is a shared responsibility.
Our mission is to develop persons who are ready to participate fully in society, with confidence and a sense of self-worth, with independent thinking and interpersonal skills and with an appreciation for athletics and the arts.
LC is a Grade 7 to 12 school with a staff of 15.5 teachers, 1.5 principals and 8 support staff that work together to provide a multi‐faceted education for about 220 students.
- LC offers a complete university entrance academic program including three math options, four science options, and two ELA options.
- LC’s Learning Project provides flexible learning opportunities for students in grade 9—12 to pursue learning through their interests and passions and achieve credits in courses not offered through the regular timetable
- LC offers a variety of optional instructional opportunities including, Band and Choir for Grades 7‐12, Tech. Ed / Home Ec. for Grades 7‐9, and various ICT courses facilitated in an instructional computer lab as well as an Apple computer pod.
- LC offers a successful inter-scholastic athletic program (volleyball, basketball, badminton, track and field, golf, soccer and curling) participating in the HSD middle years and MHSAA athletic programs.
- LC provides activities dedicated to enrichment through drama, band and choir trips, hovercraft and Skills Canada competitions, and U of W enrichment week.
- LC provides opportunities to develop skills in leadership with student council, superintendent’s advisory committee, yearbook and social justice committees and various other student groups.
Landmark is known for its community values. The school benefits from the active involvement of concerned, caring, and supportive parents and community members. We are one of fifteen schools in the Hanover School Division.
Village of Landmark
The Village of Landmark (pop. 1000) is about 20 minutes southeast of Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada, on the PTH 206 highway. Landmark is at the longitudinal centre of Canada, hence the name, Landmark.