Our 33 grads will tell you that as of June 7, 2022, there are 8 days of regular classes and 22 days till grad.
Here are some important dates in the month of June.
- Thursday, June 9, Grade 7 and 8 Track Meet at StoneyBrook Middle School
- Friday, June 10, Annual Landmark Collegiate Talent Show
- Monday, June 13, HSD Professional Development Day – No School
- Friday, June 17, Last Day of Classes for grade 10 – 12
- Monday, June 20, Start of Grade 10 – 12 Final Assessment Week – Schedule is Posted on Website
- Monday, June 20, Last Day of Classes for grade 9
- Tuesday, June 21, Start of Grade 9 Final Assessment Week – Schedule is Posted on Website
- Friday, June 24, Grade 9 Field Trip
- Wednesday, June 29 , 4:00 pm is Grad at Prairie Rose EMC
- Thursday, June 30. Administration Day – No School
- Thursday, June 30, 10:30 am – Report Cards Posted
Grade 9 – 12 students do not need to be at school if they do not have an assessment to write.
Grade 7 and 8 final day of school is on Wed. June 29. However, many staff are busy preparing for grad on that day which is at 4:00 pm. So, there will not be any regular classes planned on that day and students do not need to attend. Any students who do come to school, will likely be helping teachers with classroom cleanup etc. Some students may be asked to come in to finish up some required work.
Windup activities for grade 7 and 8 students will be on Monday, June 27 and Tuesday, June 28 and students will be asked to clean out their lockers by Monday, June 27.
- Thanks to Mr. Rob Koop, Mr. Rob Giesbrecht (girl’s fastball) and Kevin Plett (boy’s baseball) who coached our varsity teams. The girls finished second in in zone playdowns earning a berth in the provincial wildcard playdown where they eventually lost out to Virden.
- Ali K, Nicole S. and Avi P. represented Landmark Collegiate very well at the provincial golf playdowns. Both boys and girls golf teams played well in the SRSS Open on Monday, May 30. The boys golf team included Payton P., Kieran P., Spencer B., Dusty K., and Levi J. and Callie K. joined the girls golf team.
- Ryan Malech and Mr. Glen Soper took two boy’s teams to provincial beach volleyball playdowns where they did very well.
- Jonathon Reimer and Mrs. Katherine Andres took 20 grade 10 students to the provincial Dragonboat races where they finished 5th out of 16 teams.
- A special thanks to our PTA for all the work that they have done throughout the year supporting our schools. PTA members this year were Angela Kroeker, Stephanie Reimer, Priscilla Gordon, Christina Azevedo. Thanks to Tina Plett and Amy Ndahayo who have joined the PTA for next year.
- Spring is also a great time to get in some learning trips. Teachers of various grades are looking at the educational opportunities that can extend the learning beyond the classroom. If you receive notification regarding a learning trip, please provide consent through the parent portal asap.
- Grad Information
Of course the school year ends with grad. This year grad is at 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, June. 29, at the Prairie Rose EMC. Kieanna Plett is the valedictorian. Kieanna has been very involved in many school events throughout the years and will do a great job representing the graduating class and bidding a final farewell to the students and to the school. The grads have chosen Mr. Lyndon Peters as their guest speaker. Lyndon is the executive director at YFC Landmark (Flatland Youth Drop) and he has many connections with our grads. Aviendah Plett will provide the reply on behalf of the grads. The staff at Landmark Collegiate would like to wish all our graduates the very best as they enter the next phase of their life.
A special thanks to Danika Barg for all the work that she put into creating the grad memory book. We are really looking forward to having it delivered later this month.
Some Important Grad Dates
- Thursday, June 9 – grad photoshoot
- Friday, June 10 is the last day to order tickets to the grad banquet
- Wednesday, June 15 is the final day for grads to apply for grad awards in grad google classroom
- Tuesday, June 28, 10:30 – 12:30 am at Prairie Rose EMC is grad rehearsal – ALL MUST ATTEND
- Wednesday, June 29 at 4:00 pm – Convocation at Prairie Rose EMC Convocation
- Wednesday, June 29 at 7:00 pm – Banquet at Evergreen Village – by invite only
We acknowledge the traditional territory upon which the schools of Hanover School Division reside as the lands of Treaty 1 territory and the homeland of the Metis people. Hanover School Division operates on the traditional lands of the Anishinaabe. In the spirit of truth, reconciliation, and collaboration, we honour our relationship with Indigenous Peoples and respect the contributions of history, culture, and language of Canada’s original peoples.
All the staff at Landmark Collegiate would like to thank all students for a terrific year. Thanks to the parents/guardians for all your support. See you Wednesday, Sept. 7. The school will be open on Wednesday, August 24. We wish you all a safe and relaxing summer.